I had the privilege of visiting the incredible Infinity Mirrors art exhibit by Yayoi Kusama in Washington D.C! Since I went by myself, I don’t have the best pictures to share because I often had to enter the different Infinity rooms with strangers.
Here’s some quick tips if you’re going:
- Get there 15-30 minutes before your time, you have to line up outside before even going in.
- If you did bring a backpack or heavy coat you can check them for free on the first level.
- Don’t wait to go into the very first room! That’s usually the longest line, so go find a room with a shorter line and work your way around. There’s no exact order.
- Bring friends! Going into the rooms with strangers isn’t ideal especially if you care about getting pictures and it’ll make waiting in the lines go by quicker to have company.
- Visit the gift shop on the first floor.
- If you are going to take pictures, plan which rooms you really want them in and maybe have someone else take it. It’s hard to enjoy the short 20-30 seconds you get in each room if you only care about getting a picture.
- Reserve passed! From what I understand walk up passed are hard to get. I would suggest hitting “best available” when you go to get passed (every Monday at 12PM more go up here http://hirshhorn.si.edu/kusama/ )
“Polka dots can’t stay alone. When we obliterate nature and our bodies with polka dots, we become part of the unity of our environments.”
“I fight pain, anxiety, and fear every day, and the only method I have found that relieves my illness is to keep creating art. I followed the thread of art and somehow discovered a path that would allow me to live.” -Yayoi Kusama